It would seem the ONLY people paying attention to tax reform are the Fair Tax supporters and all the rest just want to get rid of the current 75,000+ pages of the current tax code and get the IRS off their back. I will state unequivocally that the Fair Tax is the most misguided idea to come along… to the point, that I believe it has been introduced and promoted by leftists to distract from a reasonable approach via Flat Tax legislation. I’ve copied a number of links below for you to review and to help you to come to your own conclusion. I lived in a place (Hong Kong) where the Flat Tax worked very well at 15%. Even at that level, there was tax evasion, but that is for another essay. I know it works reasonably well because EVERYBODY has skin in the game… something Bobby Jindal is keen about besides myself (This keeps the takers off the makers backs). Singapore and Russia also have flat tax systems. I am repulsed by the idea that a person who earns more should also pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes, when some pay none and are stirred up by the puppet-masters to support more taxation of the higher wage earners. This continues to fall on the middle class more than the persons able afford accountants to find holes in those aforementioned 75,000+ pages.
I will not argue the merits of the Flat Tax OR the Fair Tax, but will focus my vitriol on the naïveté of the Fair Tax via pointed critiques…
1. The bureaucracy elimination and Constitutional amendment repeal are bridges too far. To say that the IRS will be eliminated is downright stupid (I do wish it were so). They will simply be re-purposed to administer what ever new revenue stream needs policing. The Fair Tax people continue to “promise” this red herring. Getting the Amendment repeal train in motion will only be accomplished in a police state from my viewpoint. There are too many vested interests to allow that to happen.
2. Next, what I call the “Kerry Effect” is so big a hole in the plan, one could “sail a boat” through it. Bermuda decides to be a tax-free harbor for yachts. The million dollar yacht is bought for $750,000 or less and the retail tax is avoided. Of late, Fidel may even jump into this game… only 90 miles off-shore. The same could apply for aircraft, vacation homes, you name it. The U.S. will be “circled” with new tax havens for the ultra-rich. Who gets clobbered? The middle class.
3. The old adage “If you want less of something, tax it!” There will be new volumes of new regulations defining what is considered new and what is used in order to reduce the tax burden. Since business wishes to move NEW product to the marketplace, this obvious tax burden of 23% will dramatically curtail sales. We will start looking like Havana with infinitely refurbished old cars, etc.
4. The elimination of Social Security and Medicare taxes at the payroll point will be another insurmountable barrier. Again, too many vested interests in the status quo.
5. I can’t even envision the new gray markets and various forms of smuggling which will rise up from this Fair Tax system. Look at the Californians traveling to Oregon to save sales tax.
The change in the current tax system will have to be evolutionary, not revolutionary via a Fair Tax implementation. How many state tax systems are also based on the U.S. Tax Code? Another momentum barrier.
As far as I am concerned, the above five items are deal killers, but please read the links below and come to your own conclusions and let me know what you think. I’ve read the Neal Boortz book “The Fair Tax Book”. I am not moved. I focus on the possible, not the impossible.
P.S. If you want to get a deer-in-the-headlights look from a “Fair Tax” supporter, present Item 2 to them for a rebuttal.
When blood starts to spurt from my eyes from the continually emanating stupidity from our Federal Government, I start to get writing fever, but then an article pops out on Town Hall which saves me a lot of time and energy. I’ve pasted it below. What is missing from Mr. Wilber’s critique are the essential factors or philosophy details contributing to this decline. He focuses on the symptoms or outcomes, not the areas we need to address to set us back on course.
1. Assuming the false narrative that humans are basically good and are taken down by environmental factors, thereby thrusting every bad person into victim-hood and ignoring the real victims.
2. Young people need structure. The left is doing its utmost to destroy that structure or at least twist it to their perverse ends which them can’t even clearly define… basically, bring it all down. The trend has also been to extend the definition of young people into their late 20’s, thereby extending dependency on parents and/or government.
3. With the left’s endless attacks on our moral fabric, people are floating around in a cesspool of moral relativism. Many have the intellect to wade through this fog and thrive, but, I would posit, there are many more that cannot for various reasons. The primary cause is the unforgivable destruction of our education system. The secondary cause is the undermining of our religious institutions (Some would like to exchange this with the primary cause. There used to be a link between the two.)
4. Leftists and Libertarians (Libertarians are not bad people, just bloody naive on the nature of man) either undermine or eliminate societal reference points. The devil is in the details regarding the delicate balance needed for liberty and not to devolve into anarchy and/or leftist chaos and moral turpitude. It seems that many of the mass shootings (Roseburg et al) are under leftist watch? Does the left EVER reflect on cause and effect?
Life goes on and the Marxist Imam bloviates on cue about gun control as in the meantime…
Obama Responsible for What Ails America, or Just Good Timing
10/2/2015 12:01:00 AM – D.W. Wilber
Is Barack Obama responsible for all that ails the United States of America? Has his presidency brought this country to such a point that many question if America as we know it even has a future ?
Hardly. The truth is that we were already going down the toilet long before Obama came along. He has just helped hasten our trip into the sewer that the social engineers who preceded him, and who he aligns himself with now have made of our country over the last several decades.
For roughly seventy years now the anti-American teaching in our universities has helped create an environment where traditional American values have been denigrated and ridiculed. For seventy years our traditional morality has been questioned, dismissed as ‘old fashioned’, and eventually discarded.
And a couple of generations of Americans have grown up in an ‘MTV world’ where a false reality has been broadcast into millions of American homes. And into the impressionable minds of young people all over this country.
Back in the Sixties college radicals urged us all to “question authority” as they demonstrated against “the man”. They advocated the experimentation and use of hallucinogenic and psychoactive drugs of all types, and urged everyone to also discard traditional relationships for ‘free love’ and promiscuity. Communes sprang up around the country where a hedonistic lifestyle could be openly engaged in.
The reality is that the United States has been in a downward spiral for decades now brought on by liberalism and social tinkering that has weakened us morally, and changed American culture from a time when President John F. Kennedy told us to “ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country”, to the time of Barack Obama’s “fundamental transformation” of this nation.
We have done it to ourselves through greed, avarice and mendacity. Barack Obama just came along and took advantage of a country already in a severe decline. And bringing us to the point where sadly our best days may well be behind us. Are there enough Americans willing to bear the burdens required to get this country back on the right track ?
Many of us will go down swinging, but those of us willing “to pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty”, as so eloquently said by President John Kennedy during his inauguration address, are far too few. And unfortunately vastly outnumbered by those who are willing to go along, just to get along.
Americans have become soft and addicted to modern conveniences. Take away their internet, cable and satellite television, and smart phones, and few Americans could make it through a single day, much less survive and flourish over the long haul.
As a nation we simply have become spoiled and dependent on machines and devices, or having other people take care of us. Self-sufficiency simply isn’t taught in American schools anymore.
I can recall a time when “Marksmanship and Firearms Safety” were part of a school’s curriculum, teaching young people responsibility and respect for guns. Part of an overall program intended to help build our young people’s character. Neither any longer allowed in American schools.
Nowadays guns are just a small part of the arsenal used in video games by ‘make believe soldiers’ to rip apart the bodies of ‘make-believe enemies’. With gratuitous amounts of blood and gore dispersing in all directions after a direct hit, scoring countless points for the person holding the joy stick.
I too grew up playing ‘soldier’, building my own Tommy Guns from a few nails and pieces of scrap wood lying around the garage. Taking on the identity of a John Basilone I fought through the jungles of Guadalcanal on the nearby school playground. Real, historical men of courage and bravery were my role models. Part of the character-building that helped raise American generations.
Unlike the idols of today who are emulated by far too many young people simply for at the top of their lungs screaming out vulgar rhymes, supposedly the lyrics to a “quote unquote” song, that disparages females and incites violence against the police. All accompanied by mind-numbing music blasting out of huge mega-speakers with the volume maxed out.
Generations have become shackled to Welfare and other government assistance never learning the importance of hard work and self-sufficiency. Why engage in hard work when one can sit in front of a 72 inch flat screen television and watch MTV, all paid for by someone else.
No, Barack Obama alone hasn’t brought this nation to the brink of destruction. He simply has taken advantage of a country already in decline, and one that apparently doesn’t have the will to do what it takes to change our course.
The blame rests with each of us who has looked the other way, drawn in the shutters and closed the drapes to block our view to what was happening. Instead of responding as we were challenged to by President John F. Kennedy so many years ago.
A German friend sent me the following e-mail:
To have a better understanding, I would like to know your opinion about this current situation in the US, I just saw President Obama’s speech on TV.
We outside the US and everybody I talk to in Germany, Thailand, Singapore, don’t quite understand the American public on this subject.
People stating that “every school now needs a good guy with a gun to protect children”.
Are they insane or do they really believe that the next attacker will first go to the “good guy with a gun” and ask him to draw before he finishes his work?
If so, it appears they need to build more hospitals for the insane
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincères Salutations / with best regards
I responded with the following verbosity…
I could never stomach watching the Marxist Imam for any length of time, however, hopefully you will find some sanity in the following remarks…
1. I fully support Americans’ right to bear arms. The question is where to draw the line. Fully automatic weapons, cannons, heavy artillery, grenades, etc. ARE NOT allowed. Semiautomatic weapons have always been allowed.
2. I see no necessity to have 100 round drums or 30 round clips. These have all been glorified in the movies and video games. Semiautomatic rifles have changed their looks to look like their military brethren. That should make no difference in the law. Some people would disagree with my view on large clips or magazines, because they feel the tyranny of an oppressive government breathing down on them with the associated chaos of displaced and violent persons.
3. If it takes armed guards to protect our children, so be it in the short-term, however, such a suggestion is one more march toward a military lock-down state. We have enough of that crap every time we fly.
4. We have to address three issues:
A. Mentally ill (usually drugged) people getting hold of weapons
B. Why guns and rifle sales are skyrocketing
C. The effect of the Hollywood sewer pipe of violence
A. We have difficulty committing the criminally insane to the levels we should these days. Back in the late 1950’s, the communist organization, the ACLU, created unintended consequences by raising the possibility of people being committed that really didn’t belong there. Certainly, the McCarthy era created a situation where wrongly accused persons could have been jailed or committed to an asylum much the same as occurred in the Soviet Union or during the Woodrow Wilson era in the early 1900’s. Johnson started the ball rolling to close many State Hospitals and these persons were turned out on the streets and usually fell off their meds. Moreover, more recently, many parents have been burdened with psychotic children with no outlet as a result. It is said the mother in Newtown was trying to get her son committed. We also have the feminized, politically correct school indoctrination centers trying to make uniform robots out of our children. Boys usually don’t conform, so they are diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, Bipolar, etc. to allow them to be drugged into submission. Granted, there are some who should be committed, but we are in an over-drugged state at the moment. These young boys are the primary perpetrators of such crimes. This is the main area where most of our energy should be applied, but the hysteric left in this country is trying to use the chaos to implement further nanny-state controls… not just gun control.
B. Gun sales are going crazy. Most stores are sold out. There are two factors at play here… The forbidden fruit similar to Prohibition in the early ’20’s which was totally ineffective… AND, most importantly, we have a government that is totally out of control spending us into oblivion. This creates a great deal of insecurity among people who are awake and know what is going on (not low information voters). It is our birthright to ultimately overthrow such tyranny when it becomes too oppressive. If we are disarmed, under the present trends, we become cannon fodder for these tyrants and ruling elites. At least 50% of this country still has an instinct for individual self-preservation in a dangerous world. If you study history, even the U.S. can succumb to such forces and it is well on its way to do so by our feckless leadership.
C. The ACLU and First Amendment crowd pooh-pooh any attempts at moderating the filth and violence being generated by Hollywood. One only has to ask how one feels after watching one of these blood splatter fairy tales. It usually isn’t very good. It has become increasingly difficult to protect our children from seeing such images as this fog permeates our civil society. On one side, I am against censorship… on the other side, we have to be able to protect our children and mentally unstable people from this crap. If you want to understand why such control is minimized, further study of the Fabian Socialist agenda and/or the Communist Manifesto should be taken to heart.
You’ve questioned such trends before as being exaggerated or part of a conspiracy theory. You will say that such fears are overblown. If one studies history of at least the last 150 years, especially Marx, Darwin, Nietzche, etc., history DOES repeat itself over and over and our children ARE NOT being taught the perils of communism and the advantages of capitalism. They are being indoctrinated into socialism-lite via racism, sexism, class warfare, and homophobia propagated by this administration NOT by those poor berated conservatives. The Republican elite have become the lapdogs of the left.
Have you become the proverbial frog in the boiling water? From every avenue, I hear about the increasing intrusion of the government in our daily lives. It is not just in the U.S.A, but virtually every “western” country or society.
Like the frog, we are sitting in a pot of water that is being brought to a slow boil with creeping Marxism or Fabian Socialism. Recently, this process or movement has started to accelerate. While the frog boiled to death, what will be our fate?
It cannot be focused on one individual or one group (even a large group). It has become like “soma” in Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World. Some are not taking soma in this world, and I consider them to be awake to what it going on around them. I would say, though, that a majority are taking soma in one dose level or another. About 20-30% of the population has taken so much of it that there is really no chance of them waking up to reality. They continually try to increase the dosage for those who are slightly hooked and would just as soon see the people that are awake and not taking soma dead… really. How do I know? Do something that rocks their boat and watch the death threats fly.
What brought this to mind today? It was the following verses from Romans that were read in Sunday School this morning:
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities — his eternal power and divine nature — have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator — who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Spontaneously, several in the class relayed their frustration with the oppression of the government and the blindness of those around them on moral issues. I was also told a few days before about the recently elected Marxist President of Brazil and her Satanist Vice President. One of the first laws they passed was an anti-homophobia law followed by distribution of training material to the schools. Sound familiar? Anti-bullying laws masked as cover for advancing the gay agenda? California two mommies or two daddies training for elementary school children implemented in their textbooks?
I wish to borrow a computer term for the siege we are currently under. It is called it “massive parallelism”. There are so many attacks from so many different angles with the singular objective of… world Marxism/socialism under one world government, or as George Soros would put it, The New World Order. Virtually EVERY action the Obama Administration has performed in the last three years is to advance that objective… NOT to fix the economic malaise we presently find ourselves in. That is Obama’s “fundamental transformation”. No one admits this. They deny it at every turn, but the evidence has become crystal clear.
The problem is that their plan will NEVER work because it is counter to Natural Law. We have to ask what lunacy would drive government to make more and more of my decisions for me 3,000 miles away? Is it some megalomaniac idea of “economy of scale”? How are most business mergers working out with that in mind?
This brings me to my last point. How far can you be pushed before you take action in some manner? We must ask the most grave question of what would we be willing to die for? I do hope and pray that more and more people will wake up to what is going on around them. This will most certainly minimize pain and bloodshed.
The sadist, Frances Fox Piven, is already stirring the Occupy Movement pot for the coming warmer weather. Beware of the frogs in the boiling water. It may be you or it may be someone that will do you harm.
OWS has one target of many… Those Evil Bankers.
Here is my take by point…
- Today’s bankers WILL NOT loan you money unless you have either the money or highly discounted collateral available to them to pay them back.
- Bankers loaned a lot of money to banana republics because the loans were guaranteed by the U.S. Government.
- They periodically try to make nice with consumers through various promotions. I’ve not been able to understand their motivation as yet.
- They’ve gone fee crazy because the Fed had driven interest rates through the floor not allowing anyone any benefit for loaning money to previous expectations.
- They pay squat interest rates and may even start charging you for “holding” your money for you. (Negative interest)
- In steps the strong-arming U.S. Government forcing them, against better judgement, to make risky loans to those unable to pay them back or those who would not normally qualify.
- The Federal Government then bails them out and slaps many of their hands big time.
- The banks try to build up their reserves to more conservative levels.
- The Justice Department goes after banks because Barney Frank is again yelling we are not getting people into houses.
How stupid and corrupt can a system be? We haven’t even started on the relative merits of the Federal Reserve System, which can print money and give first users of that money the full un-inflated value of that money. Driving interest rates so low HAS NOT been to spur growth in various sectors. Most companies factor interest rates into their cost of business. Certainly, the lower the better, but the real reason, in my mind was simply a hedge against Federal debt service, nothing more. Want to bring the whole thing down? Try to raise interest rates to the “keep pace with inflation” level of old and see what happens. With CD rates in the 2-3% range, I reckon holders are losing at least 10-15% capital value per year just through inflation and devaluation of the currency. Mind you, the stimulus money still has not fully impacted our economy as yet except for the obligatory union and crony payoffs, public jobs, etc built into the scheme. When it does, Weimar Republic here we come!
What’s missing from this banking fiasco that the morons of OWS will never understand?
Bankers with a backbone and good business sense.
For the most part, the head guys are nothing but overpaid caretakers of wealth that someone else created. This is very similar to GE, GM, etc. Did I hear crony capitalism? Yes, indeed that is the case for banking, as well. Mr. Geithner should have NEVER been approved for his position. Greenspan and Bernanke have become bumbling fools in my eyes, as I did deeper into their folly. Many have written about how the monetary and financial systems have so deliberately become intertwined, that it has become a house of cards to the detriment of us all.
Never in my life have I ever seen so much money in the hands of such incompetency. George Soros is loving it!
P.S. Anyone with experience or knowledge of the fiat currency system, please let me know.
There is a little hot dog stand near my office that I don’t visit too often because the Polish Dogs are soooo good, but they are so unhealthy. The other day when I stopped by, something triggered a discussion about the current millieux we find ourselves in. I started by using an illustration that a friend told me one time of a five gallon carboy filled with water. One can slowly drop red dye in the carboy, drop-by-drop, and it seems like forever, the water will develop a pink tinge. This is what we are faced with under Fabian Socialism, i.e. the incremental introduction over time of increased socialism leading to oppressive communism, i.e. socialism with a gun. The owner of the hot-dog stand was really listening, but there was a foul-mouth airhead sitting there that always seems to be there, and he asked me what I’d been smoking.
I’ve seen this going on for some time with the increasing number of edicts from Washington putting more and more restrictions on our freedoms and liberties via unread and unpopular legislation and executive orders by the poseur in the White House. Recall the left’s exaggerated reaction to the Patriot Act under Bush. Why are they so quiet now?
The last couple of weeks, I’ve become addicted to watching Glenn Beck’s program and his focus on history. I really believe the man has found a vital programming niche and it is reflected in his rising ratings. He spends a lot of time going over history and connecting the dots of current events. Anyone who has been keeping up on things would find little or no flaws in his analysis. This has been driving the left nuts.
This week, Glenn reminded us of the stated communist goals that were documented in 1963 below. Please read them and then think about what is currently happening. You should be able to find a tangible example for each. I would remind you, again, that this IS NOT one force by the Communist Party USA, but it is multiple forces dispersed through our society as special interest groups: George Soros, PACS, teachers’ unions, MoveOn.org, Media Matters, Code Pink, NOW, Planned Parenthood, SEIU, etc., etc. Overwhelming, isn’t it? How many people do I meet on a day-to-day basis that are mindless drones for these forces.
As Beck says, using his hands as a megaphone, “Wake Up America!!”
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Obama sees Obamacare in sight and he is already campaigning for more financial reform.
One must ask why the right attempts to reduce regulation, and the left attempts to increase regulation. To me, it is clear.
The right knows that freedom and liberty depend on the free flow of ideas and a reasonable amount of risk taking. The left is risk averse and therefore is, to paraphrase Churchill, good at redistributing misery with other people’s money. Their solution is layer after layer of suffocating rules and regulations.
If you analyze all the great financial fiascoes, there were rules in place, but they were either not enforced or a “legal” bypass was devised. It has become too difficult with conflicting regulations and arcane interpretations to clearly lay blame. So, in one respect, this has become a big game fed by the bureaucrats, the legal system, and the crooks.
This is, more and more, leaving the average citizen with invisible handcuffs on. Recall the stifling number of agency approvals needed to open a business in San Fransicko.
I think this problem is sinking in because it has been years since I’ve heard the refrain, “There oughta be a law!”
Some time ago, I’d complained that the government reaction to lower usage of mass transit or parking was to raise fares or fees. Business is a bit quirky in this regard, as well. Recall the flood of paperwork earlier this year surrounding fees, etc. for credit cards. Some held their position… very few did that. Citi raised one of my credit cards from 13.9% to 21.9% for no reason other than to get by coming legislation that would limit such usury. I complained and they gave me 50 bucks. Hmmm. Needless to say, I am looking for a new credit card company that doesn’t yank my chain every other month with new rules or reduced benefits.
The latest debacle is with Anthem Blue Cross. As we watch this health care fiasco, one has to wonder what Anthem Blue Cross was thinking when they announced a nearly 40% increase in rates at such a sensitive juncture. If I were the chairman of that company, I would have fired the CEO for such a blunder. One can only think conspiracy theory and that we are all being set up. I.E. Obama and his lackeys have been chastising Insurance Companies when they take time off chastising Wall Street. Suppose there was government/insurance company collusion on this issue to help the passage momentum Stretch Pelosi is trying to muster in the house. We’d all heard that certain mandates would be a short-term windfall to insurance companies until the illusive government option puts them out of business long after the current Blue Cross CEO is out of the picture. Be watchful.
A friend used the word “liberal” this weekend and it sounded so odd at this point in time.
The looney left, for a least 50-60 years, has made very good inroads into redefining our language to suit their perverted needs:
The focus of this missive is to discuss the evolution of the word “liberal”. F.A. Hayek, in his “Road To Serfdom”, noted, to my surprise, how leftists had appropriated the word “liberal” over half a century ago. My opinion is that it evolved over time since classic liberal circles were fertile grounds for discussions about other economic systems, be they communist or Nazi or socialistic or capitalistic. The problem is there was a disconnect around the end of World War II and most non-USA countries clung to the old definition of “liberal”, while, in the U.S.A., the communists and leftists and socialists and their ilk gradually changed the hidden meaning of liberal such that true classic liberals were sucked into a new way of thinking and seemed to have no way to escape.
Recently, Hillary Clinton was labeled as a liberal and she said she preferred the “progressive” designation. Hmmm. Watch for shifting terminology use. It seems the word “liberal” has become diluted, much the same as the word “racist” is now becoming. Progressive is a very old term that has come back into favor since it has such a nice ring to it.
Let’s cut through the bovine excrement and just call them “leftists”. If these leftists start to use force, call them “communists”. Using the word “socialist” as a economic descriptor is difficult because most countries use varying levels of socialism and this can lead to endless arguments about what level of government control of an economy is too much or too little.
I’m pretty sure I got one “conservative” talk show host to change his terminology from “liberal” to “leftist”. I can only hope you will do the same.
I regret that Michael Savage’s saying, “Liberalism is a mental disorder”, will have to be changed to, “Leftists need psychiatric help.” Someone needs to wordsmith this a bit.
P.S. I will avoid the “conservative” definition can of worms for the moment. 😉
It looks like Washington is creating another crisis to enable them to grab more power and influence over our lives. I spoke to my health insurance company’s on-staff nurse about being forced to take H1N1 vaccine in the future. She so much as confirmed that being a possibility. Great! Since I get sick every time I’ve had a flu shot, what is going to happen with this new witch’s brew being rushed to market??
What is sooooo peculiar about this whole issue is the origin of the virus. Early on, there were rumors that is was a virus escaped from a lab in the U.S. or perhaps a test sight in Mexico. After all the discussion, it still points to this as a strong possibility after so many months of discussion. Whether or not is was “weaponized” remains to be seen as the effects so far are mild with “minimal” deaths. In the many, many years I’ve been aware of the origins of flu, clearly 99.9% of them have origins in Asia, specifically southern China where the mix on species hopping viruses, pigs, ducks, and humans exist. Why all of a sudden Mexico? Why the high level alerts at WHO and various countries?
The current administration never lets a crisis go to waste as they forcefully use this to spread fear and grab more power.
This whole situation reeks of pure evil.